Friday, September 24, 2010

"All of my sales go to my friend with cancer"

Garage sales are common among many neighborhoods during the summer months, but something rare is a garage sale, put together by children to raise money for a friend with childhood cancer.

Avery Merkley, a third grader, organized a two day garage sale in August to raise money for her friend, Will Krueger, a child who is affected by cancer and who is also one of Children’s Cancer Connection’s program participants. Avery did everything to prepare for the sale from making signs, pricing items and setting up the inventory.

One bright red sign read, “All of my sales go to my friend with cancer.” At the end of the sale, Avery gave the money to Will, who decided to donate it to Children’s Cancer Connection.

1 comment:

  1. Really inspirational to hear someone pursuing their dreams and becoming successful instead of following the traditional path. I have read your article about This topic. I think it's good and impressed to know your service. Thanks for share this Information.โปรแกรมขายปลีก

    ReplyDelete