Monday, August 30, 2010

New Intern - Marina Shawd!

Children’s Cancer Connection is excited to welcome Marina Shawd as their new communications intern. Marina is currently a sophomore attending Drake University in Des Moines, with majors in magazine journalism and graphic design. She is involved on campus with Kappa Alpha Theta, Society of Professional Journalists and writing for the campus magazines.


“I am looking forward to all the experiences that Children’s Cancer Connection has to offer,” said Shawd. “I love that I not only have the chance to use skills from both of my majors, but that I will also be helping an organization that benefits numerous families in the surrounding community.”

In her time here at Children’s Cancer Connection, Marina hopes to increase her knowledge of marketing and design while benefiting the lives of children and families dealing with cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment